Covid-19 Related Announcementsby Jo Justo (as admin), 2 days ago
The City of Mississauga is working to arrange for the opening of community tennis clubs which is
planned for the Phase 2 reopening in June 1.
All community clubs and public tennis courts will be open, but users will be expected to follow safety guidelines including:
- Maintaining a physical distance of 2 metres (6 feet) This is enforceable under the provincial order.
- Using courts for singles play only; doubles play is permitted only for members of the same household
- Not sharing any items such as tennis balls, racquets or water bottles
- Avoiding touching surfaces such as fences, benches and nets
- Returning tennis balls of other players using your racquet or feet
- Washing or sanitizing your hands before and after play
- Staying home if you are sick
Community Tennis Club courts will open when each club is able to meet the required safety guidelines for play. General guidelines for public tennis courts will also apply.
The parking lots for these tennis courts will also be open.